St Michael’s Catholic School is promoted by the Diocese of Northampton and is maintained by Buckinghamshire LA.
Having consulted the LA, the Diocese and other Admissions Authorities in accordance with the requirements of the law, the Governing Body has set its planned admissions number at 30 places for both morning and afternoon sessions.
Admission Criteria for the Nursery from 2013 Academic Year.
St Michael’s Nursery will admit children from the term after their 3rd birthday.
Admission to the Nursery does not automatically guarantee a place at St Michael’s Catholic School. Please refer to the St Michael’s Catholic School Admissions Policy.
Should there be more applications than places available, the nursery will admit in the following category order once any children with a statement of Special Educational Need or Roman Catholic ‘Looked After’ and previously ‘Looked After’ children have been admitted1:
1 Previously Looked After Children means children who have at any stage of their lives, been in public care (as defined more fully in the school admission code paragraph 17).
1. Roman Catholic children who have the written support of a priest and a Baptismal Certificate.
2. Roman Catholic children who have either the written support of a priest or a Baptismal Certificate.
3. Children in Local Authority Care or those who have previously been in care.
4. Children of other Christian denominations who have the written support of their minister.
5. Other faith children whose application is supported by their Minister of Religion provided their parents are prepared to accept the Catholic ethos of the nursery.
If there is an excess of applications over available places, then within whichever category the excess occurs the following order of priority will be given:
a) Children who currently have siblings (as defined by Buckinghamshire LA) attending St Michael’s Catholic School.
b) Children of staff who have been employed at the school for two or more years at the time when the application for admission to the school is made.
c) Children whose homes are the shortest distance from the nursery.
The shortest appropriate route will be measured according to the Buckinghamshire County Council’s Geographical Information System, as set out in Appendix D (c)/6 of the LA scheme.